About Dr. Devdutt Pattanaik
Dr. Devdutt Pattanaik is a medical doctor by education, a leadership consultant by profession, and a mythologist by passion. He has written and lectured extensively on the nature of sacred stories, symbols and rituals and their relevance in modern times.
Myths are subjective truths expressed through stories, symbols and rituals. I help people leverage the power of these truths in business, management, and life.
- Devdutt Pattanaik
His books include
- Jaya: an illustrated retelling of the Mahabharata (Penguin, India)
- 7 secrets from Hindu calendar art (Westland)
- Myth=Mithya: A Handbook of Hindu Mythology (Penguin, India)
- Book of Ram (Penguin India).
His columns include
- Mythos in First City Magazine, New Delhi
- Management Mythos in Corporate Dossier, Economic Times
- DevLok in Sunday Mid-day, Mumbai
His work reclaiming mythology for management led to the series Business Sutra telecast on CNBC-tv18.
He has 14 years experience in the health care industry with organizations such as Sanofi Aventis and Apollo Health Care, and he had a brief stint as Business Advisor with Ernst & Young. Currently, he is Chief Belief Officer of the Future Group, India’s largest retail company. He also consults as leadership coach, culture consultant and storytelling expert to other corporations and NGOs such as Star TV and World Gold Council and Independent Power Producers Association of India (IPPAI).